Mixed Berry Compote.

I always end up getting really frustrated in the supermarket looking for a healthy yoghurt for school lunches.
There are a lot of yoghurt's that read on the label "a healthy snack", "only for kids!", "added calcium for healthy bones!" - but on the ingredients list you'll find aspartame, very high sugar contents, very low fruit content and lots of junk - so I've started to make my own fruit compotes to add to organic natural yoghurt, which my 5 year old much prefers.



Here's the trouble with making this recipe with my kids - they love berries, they could eat them all day.
When there are berries around, my kids pretty much won't be interested in helping with cooking (it's only berries, and possibly chocolate cake that could distract my children from wanting to cook!)  - so while letting Remy help make this, all I got was a lot of help in making the berries disappear.

Berries? Don't mind if I do....

Where's Remy gone? Oh there she is, hiding in the FunPod covered in berry juice!
Cooling down.




This recipe can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days, and makes the right amount to add to 5 small jars of natural yoghurt through the school week - perfect!
  • 400g mixed fresh or frozen berries
  • 2 tbsp honey
  • 2 tbsp lemon juice
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
  1. Mix all ingredients in pan, cook on medium heat for 15 minutes.
  2. Leave to cool completely  before storing in fridge for up to 5 days.






Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...